Other candidates filed: Keith Bowen, Mike Mitchell
What endorsements have you received to date?
1. I have never solicited endorsements in any of my campaigns; however, I have received numerous endorsements in the past from private, political’ and corporate sources.
If offered, would you accept contributions from political action committees affiliated with the real estate industry? (RPAC, Buildpac etc.)
2. I would be honored to be endorsed by the real estate industry. (My family furniture business of 36 years goes “hand-in-glove” with real estate efforts with home furniture for new houses.) The real estate industry brings quality and much needed jobs for our communities as well as country.
How do you envision your city’s quality of life in the next 10 years?
3. Even with the growth that has impacted Hope Mills and surrounding communities, we still possess our small town identity and neighborhoods. We must begin, now more than ever before, organized plans for future expansion in order to prevent a “mish-mash”, unorganized growth pattern that fails to complement the image and theme of our Hope Mills.
What ideas do you have to make it easier to open and maintain a new business in your municipality?
4. Our Town management must invite, accommodate and assist wholesome new business opportunities with the elimination of “red tape” as much as possible. Our town manager must be “business and building” friendly. New business means new jobs; new jobs ensures stability in our overall economic future.
What are the key issues/challenges in your city?
5. Restoration of our long-awaited return of Hope Mills Lake
Future completion of our Historical Museum
Facilities study to prioritize our infrastructure development
Solutions for traffic congestion
How do you plan to solve them once in office?
6. The projects listed above are being completed in the next two years–the traffic congestion problems are being addressed through DOT and our participation in FAMPO.
What new ideas/concepts can you bring to the office you are seeking?
7. My involvement in the development of the Southwest Cumberland Land-use Plan along with my interest in protecting our historical buildings has given me an opportunity to help shape the future of Hope Mills. I am accustomed to working with a team (my education and administrative background) so I want to work with our board, our staff and our community to develop a comprehensive plan for the growth of Hope Mills. Our small town atmosphere with the cultural and recreational opportunities needed for our growing population is a goal for now.