Candidate Tyrone Williams Questionnaire D2 Fayetteville City Council
Candidate’s Full Name: Tyrone Williams
Current Occupation Position: Investor/Developer
Previous Elected/Appointed Positions: District 2 City Council (Fayetteville, NC) Economic Development Board Chair (Norfolk, VA)
Community Involvement: Community Advancement Awareness (Owner/Operator) Assist people to become homeowners
Community Endorsements: Homeownership, Homeowner training, Construction consultation
- What’s your plan to address the need for workforce and affordable housing?
Through Fayetteville’s, Economic & Community Development Department, I plan to provide the following:
Training on how to receive city housing funds, grants, assisting new business owners, and even the possibility of receiving initial down payment loans that can be forgiven during the amortization in the terms of the principal loan.
- List three ideas that you would do if elected to attract high paying jobs and industries?
If elected, I would:
- Invest in colleges such as Fayetteville State and Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) – Workforce training that would attract technology industries;
- Offer land incentives that would allow individuals/companies to move their businesses to the city of Fayetteville that will give them favorable tax incentives;
- Set up labor force agencies to help to attract qualified individuals in other regions around the world
- What do you see as the biggest challenge in your district?
Economic development is the biggest challenge in District 2. Infrastructure, sustainability, storm water, flooding, erosion, perking – all of these things prevent prosperity values and development to continue through home ownership.
- Regarding tourism, what can be done to promote a vibrant city to outside guest ad even within the community?
The city of Fayetteville needs an amusement park to attract individuals outside the community and also service the people within the community. It will create employment, encourage activity in kids, improve property values, and provide connection space. A perfect location in District 2 for an amusement park would be Swamp Dogs stadium.
- How do you propose to improve communications between your office and the community of REALTORS who are becoming more engaged on issues in your district?
I propose to improve communications between the city council and the community of Realtors by providing transparency on a larger scale to engage more real estate companies to play a part in the purchase and sale of real estate properties throughout the city.
Fayetteville District 2 City Council (Candidate)