City seeks residents to apply for Boards and Commissions
Post Date:12/12/2022 4:34 PM
(Fayetteville, N.C.) – The City of Fayetteville is currently seeking residents to help fill vacancies for the following boards and commissions:
- Airport Commission – 5 Vacancies
- Community Police Advisory Board – 6 Vacancies
- Fair Housing Board – 1 Vacancy
- Fayetteville Advisory Committee on Transit (FACT) – 2 Vacancies
- Fayetteville City Planning Commission – 4 Vacancies
- Fayetteville City Zoning Commission – 1 Vacancy
- Fayetteville-Cumberland Human Relations Commission – 2 Vacancies
- Historic Resources Commission – 4 Vacancies
- Joint City and County Appearance Commission – 1 Vacancy
- Joint Fayetteville Cumberland County Senior Citizen Advisory Board – 2 Vacancies
- Liner Park, Inc. – 3 Vacancies
- Millennial Commission – 4 Vacancies
- North Carolina Firefighter’s Relief Fund Board of Trustees – 1 Vacancy
- Personnel Review Board – 6 Vacancies
- Public Arts Commission – 3 Vacancies
- Stormwater Advisory Board – 5 Vacancies
Boards and commissions are a great way for residents to engage in their community and continue to build a greater Fayetteville. Volunteers who are appointed to the boards and commissions by City Council serve as the link that connects residents to its governing body and serve as advisors that help shape the policies and programs of Fayetteville.
Applicants can apply now through January 31, 2023 at Fayettevillenc.gov/boards. All qualified applications will be presented to the Appointments Committee in February. City Council will then approve the recommended applicants at a regular meeting in March 2023.
For more information on how to get involved on boards and commissions please email [email protected] or call Jennifer Ayre, Deputy City Clerk at 910.433.1312.