The Cumberland County Joint Planning Board approved revisions to the Town of Hope Mills subdivision and zoning ordinances. The proposed amendments will be placed on the June 15th Cumberland County Board of Commissioner meeting for final approval.
To view the changes in their entirety please follow the link below.
Highlights of the Ordinance:
- If approved, the ordinance will establish more stringent standards regarding sidewalks and walkways when development or re-development is proposed within the town
- Sidewalks shall be installed along public and private right(s) of way within and adjacent to any development located in the town’s jurisdiction
- Sidewalks shall be located for residential subdivisions or developments, sidewalks shall be installed on both sides of all proposed streets and drives.
- For multi-family developments, sidewalks shall be provided along the building side of the off-street parking area
- For non-residential development with no new streets proposed, sidewalks are required along internal drives and along the existing streets adjacent to the subject property. Where new streets are proposed, sidewalks are required along all proposed streets and internal drives and along the existing streets adjacent to the property
- Sidewalks and walkways shall be constructed by the developer and inspected by the town staff prior to the completion of any building final inspection
- The developer shall be responsible for the entire cost of installing sidewalks and walkways within and adjacent to the subdivision or development. Payment in-lieu of sidewalk construction may be considered by the Board of Commissioners