House Unanimously Passes Condo Bill
- The legislation solves a number of concerns regarding FHA’s condo rules:
- Reduces owner occupancy ratio to 35%.
- Directs FHA to streamline condo certification process.
- Provides more flexibility for mixed use buildings.
- Mirrors FHFA rules regarding private transfer fees.
- The legislation provides permanent authority for direct endorsement for approved lenders to approve Rural Housing Service loans.
- The legislation makes reforms to federally assisted rental housing programs to streamline the program.
The bill now moves to the Senate.