The N.C. Secretary of Commerce Anthony Copeland attended a press release on Tuesday to announce a new Japanese company Dowa Thermotech’s contract to invest 22.5 million into Lee County. The company plans to build an automotive and industrial machinery factory. The company manufactures industrial furnaces and commercial heat treatment of metal parts in engines and transmissions.
- Initially will fill 109 jobs – $35,000 average salary
- Facility will be located in the Central Carolina Enterprise Park
- Factory will be between 50,000 – 60,000 square feet on a nine-acre lot
- Company is anticipated to expand within four years
- Combined salaries will generate over 3.8 million into Lee County
- $220,000 grant was awarded to the project
Ryuji Tsuji (president, Dowa Thermotech) with the help from an interpreter said – “I hear that North Carolina has been chosen as the easiest state to live at all times and it is truly our honor to build our new factory in this a wonderful state. We dream of building a great factory in this area with your support.”