Press Release from the City of Fayetteville & Cumberland County
City and County Seek Citizens for Economic Development Board
(Fayetteville, N.C.) — The City of Fayetteville and Cumberland County are seeking applications from citizens interested in serving on the board of directors for a new non-profit economic development corporation that will be funded jointly by the two local governments.
Through an interlocal agreement, the City and County have outlined the formation of a new organization that will be registered as the Fayetteville/Cumberland County Economic Development Corporation. The name of the entity may be revisited once the new Board of Directors is appointed and becomes engaged in re-branding the organization.
The City and County will each appoint two citizens and one elected official to the board. Members will serve three-year terms after initial staggered appointments.
The timeline for the County appointment process is:
- Oct. 27 – Application deadline. Visit http://www.co.cumberland.nc.us/commissioners/board_application.aspx to complete the application.
- Nov. 2 – Nominations made at Board of Commissioners meeting
- Nov. 16 – Appointments made at Board of Commissioners meeting
For more information on the County application process, call 910-678-7772.
The timeline for the City appointment process is:
- Nov. 1 – Application deadline. Applications will go through the City website at: http://fayettevillenc.gov/government/city-Council/boards-and-commissions.
- Nov. 2-6 – The City’s appointment committee will consider the applications
- Nov. 9 – Appointment of two citizens at the City Council meeting
- Nov. 23 – If additional time is necessary, appointments made at the City Council meeting
For more information on the City application process, call 910-433-1312.