1. Candidates Full Name: Dr. Antonio Jones
2. Daytime Phone Number: 9107058419
3. E-Mail: [email protected]
4. Current Occupation Position: Broker
5. Previously Elected/Appointed Position(s):
Fayetteville City Council District 3 NC REALTORS(R) Diversity Committee Longleaf Pines REALTORS (R) Diversity Committee Cumberland County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (JCPC) William C. Bass Leadership Academy
6. Community Involvement:
Active Member of Temple Of Faith Church Fay, NC Homeless Initiatives for Vets & Civilians Clothing Closet Initiatives Coached Sports Teams for Youth Athletics Assist with families who have children incarcerated (MWCBB) At-Risk Youth Mentorship
7. Community Endorsements:
Greater Sandhills Central Labor Council NC State AFL-CIO
8. Do You Have an Active Campaign Account? Yes
9. Do You Accept PAC Checks? Yes
10. What’s your plan to address the need for workforce and affordable housing?
First, request reviews of zoning, permitting, & development policies to ensure that we are not making it too hard for Builders, etc. to construct or remodel housing units and/or commercial spaces for non-profits, etc., that serve the community Also, increase the housing trust fund to help support the building of units to address our 20k deficit, down payment assistance programs, and to assist with rent affordability -Various Partnerships are going to make this viable & sustainable
11. List three ideas that you would do if elected to attract high paying jobs and industries?
Improve public safety as companies want to know that their emplovees will live in a safe citv. Within this component, increase training, learning of various trades & Internships for high school students&college residents, military spouses & those retiring here through partnerships with local Universities, Comm.Colleges, to increase our qualified applicant pool Provide comprehensive tax incentive packages & actively recruit via FayCumb EconDev, etc.,Improve INFRASTRUCTURE to support growth
12. What do you see as the biggest challenge in your district?
Public safety & Affordable housing options in a rapidly growing District The District is growing very quickly and is in a place where it could potentially ” price out ” many families who cannot currently purchase homes but need some form of purchasing assistance and/or rental properties (located in safe communities) at an affordable rate This challenge includes increasing development in underserved communities, restoring Neighborhood pride & minimizing gentrification efforts
13. Regarding tourism, what can be done to promote a vibrant city to outside guest and even within the community?
-Ensure we have a clean/beautified city, to include roadways & green spaces – Increase the quantity & improve upon existing recreational areas, including but not limited to trail systems, multimodal access -Increase the marketing of the various entertainment opportunities throughout the city (I.e., theatre, museums, special events etc) on a statewide basis -PARTNER with organizations to increase entertainment -Take advantage of local talent pool & ideas
14. How do you propose to improve communications between your office and the community of REALTORS® who are becoming more engaged on issues in your district?
-Use of Social Media platforms & email -Attending local REALTORS (R) meetings -Continue to engage with applicable local Association & Builders Association staff -Utilize Association Newsletter to provide info (as allowed) -Invite / Share Community meetings with local Association to share with members -Other methods as determined throughout term