“I borrowed this recipe from my husband – it’s now the President’s Chili Recipe. When we lived in Chicago, we loved to invite our family and friends over to our house, make a batch of chili, and enjoy the evening together.” Michelle Obama
1 large onion chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
Several cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb ground turkey or beef
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground oregano
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp ground basil
1 tbsp. chili powder
3 tbsp. red-wine vinegar
5-6 tomatoes, chopped
1 can red kidney beans
1. Saute’ onions, green pepper, and garlic in olive oil until soft.
2. Add ground meat and brown.
3. Combine spices, then add to ground meat.
4. Add red-wine vinegar
5. Add tomatoes and let simmer until cooked down
6. Add kidney beans; cook a few more minutes
7. Serve over white or brown rice. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, onions, and sour cream.